Auto Truck Service Co. was established in 1951 by James Tabata and was at the time known as Grant Street Service. James took great pride in his company and continued to expand his services and clientele base. His workload soon outgrew the working capacity at Grant Street, which made relocation to Nicollet Mall a necessary move. As James proceeded in his years as a business owner, he made the decision to offer a one-stop automotive service center. This would allow him to continue his mechanical services with the addition of being able to offer complete auto body repair. James made his final move to the company’s current location on Central Avenue and renamed his business Auto Truck Service Company. Today Auto Truck Service Co. is owned and operated by Jim’s family.